Headspace is your guide to health and happiness. With the Headspace Alexa skill, you can build a daily meditation practice, create the conditions for a better night’s sleep, or go on guided walks and runs. Enable this skill for access to a new guided meditation every day, and sleep exercises to help you wind down. You can even bring Headspace on the go with walking and running meditations that help you move mindfully. Connect to your Headspace account for even more meditations, including our Basics course which teaches you the fundamentals of meditation and mindfulness.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Just ask your Alexa skill to talk to Headspace. We'll have daily meditations, guided walks and runs when you need some fresh air, and sleep exercises for when you're ready to wind down.
You can say…
- Alexa, open Headspace
- Alexa, tell Headspace I'm ready to meditate
- Alexa, ask Headspace for today's meditation
- Alexa, tell Headspace I want to wind down
- Alexa, ask Headspace to help me fall asleep
- Alexa, tell Headspace to start a mindful walk
- Alexa, ask Headspace for a running meditation
HOW DO I CONNECT TO MY HEADSPACE ACCOUNT?
To connect to your Headspace account, just say "connect my account" on the Alexa skill. A prompt will appear, asking you to sign in. You’ll have access to daily content as well as our Basics pack. If you’re a Headspace subscriber, you can continue your practice both through your device and the Headspace app.
You can say…
- Alexa, ask Headspace to connect my account
WHY SHOULD I MEDITATE?
Meditation can help you stress less, focus more, and be happier. The proof is in the science. These published studies show the impact Headspace can have on both your health and your relationships.
- 10 days of Headspace resulted in a 14% decrease in stress*
- 3 weeks of Headspace resulted in 23% more compassionate behavior*
- 3 weeks of Headspace made users 57% less aggressive and reactive towards negative feedback*
* Headspace is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Cited studies' methods and results are consistent with accepted social science research regarding meditation.
Most people find that the effects of meditation are more apparent with consistent practice. The Headspace Alexa skill makes it easier to fit meditation into your day and feel the benefits of a happier, healthier mind.